20 March 2007

My baby is gone

Oh yes, it was quick and almost painless, in less than one week my little baby iBook G4 was gone. And here we go. My MacBook is still in reparation and I went back to a very old, very windows portable Toshiba. In the process I've lost 7 episodes of my favorite tv series CSI, episodes that I had seen hopefully! Anyway I'm a bit sad to say goodbye to my old Mac, he has been a great friend. Let's say that the fact that it stays in town helps me a little bit. I know that if there's a problem I'll be there for him ;-)

I know, I have an "animistic" tendency, but I have always been very attached to my things, especially electronic stuff (and my pillow Osvaldino of course). Because it's like they have a soul. You share your secrets with them, your bank account records, your thoughts, your music, videos, and one day they get old, or worst they die and everything is gone, with them. Ok, I know backups, so I try to keep a double of everything, but it just isn't the same.

Anyway, tomorrow is the first day of springtime, and the weather has changed, it's cold now. It seems that the seasons have been shaken up a bit, we had spring, now it's winter, after that we'll have autumn, and in October maybe summer. It' more fun that way, you never know what to wear and there's more thrill in the everyday life! ;-)

For example, I spent the week end looking for a springtime skirt for a marriage I will attend on Saturday. I finally find one, and tadahh the weather has changed and I don't know what to wear!! I looooove climate changing!

1 comment:

Timothy Carter said...

I understand how you feel. I'm typing this comment on an ibook right now. I've named all my computers, and each has had a special place in my heart. Maybe I'll write about them on my blog one day.

- Timothy Carter