18 December 2006

Making a Cat Scratcher

Since I left California my kitty Gunillina has missed a lot her fantastic wooden cat scratcher, and since then she regularly attacked all the furniture she found on her way destroying all the kitchen chairs in my mother's house. As soon as I got here I bought her and her sister two cardboard cat scratchers with catnip inside. Pernilla, that is a good girl, immediately scratched the cardboard, Guny instead is stubborn and spoiled, no way she'll touch cardboard with her pretty paws. So before all the chairs are gone, I finally decided to make her a new scratcher....


We recycled and old piece of wood, attached two legs, to make it oblique, then starting in an upper corner I covered it with some straw twine, spreading the wood with some glue. After that I put an heavy weight on the scratcher and I'm now waiting that it dries. To finish I'll spray some catnip on it and then cross my fingers hoping that that Guny will like it...

2 comments:

ed said...

bello! :)

Pier Andrea Notari said...

..have some time to spare lately, uh?!
Nice job, see you soon.

x