24 November 2006

Home Makeover


I've been busy lately with writing, knitting and... Glass wool application!
First of all I had to learn what glass wool is, and then I discovered that it stinks, it goes in your eyes and your lungs, and it's heavy!

Besides that apparently is the best insulating material for a house, so I helped my friend Vincent to apply it...

The process took a whole afternoon, and I coughed for two more days, and my face was like burning.

Well it was kind of a nightmare, I think I'm better at knitting and crocheting than at home renovation, but I admit that in the end when the job was done, I was pretty amazed and proud of the job.
For sure, next time I'll wear a mask and I'll cover my face and hair!!

3 comments:

ed said...

Bella foto, la vera espressione da gatto incavolato hehe

Pier Andrea Notari said...

merda igy!
to work with glass wool (http://ptcl.chem.ox.ac.uk/~hmc/hsci/chemicals/glass_wool.html) you need to put on a mask and cover the whole body with clothes you will bin later. The problem is Asbestosi (http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asbestosi). You know, french people has Immune defences italians don't have. I am talking about years of the baguette thing and red wine too. So let the dirty job to them and keep safe your 50% italian blood..and lungs.

Justine said...

I knew it! I'm gonna die because ofglass wool!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH